Copywriter and Content Strategist
We’re on a mission to solve America’s retirement crisis.
Annexus Retirement Solutions designs innovative products that help people solve their biggest challenge in retirement—outliving their money. If you want to be part of a growing team, working together to reshape the industry, come work with us.
About the company
Annexus Retirement Solutions designs retirement products for the institutional space. We were founded in 2020 by industry veterans with a combined 175 years of experience in retirement plans, annuities and asset management.
We’re looking for high achievers with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to challenge traditional thinking and expand their capabilities. Here you will do work that is challenging, meaningful, and revolutionary.
Are you a storyteller by nature, with the ability to take complex concepts and turn them into a simple, compelling narrative? Can you take a single topic and effortlessly amplify it across marketing channels? Do you believe that in today’s digital world, less is more - yet you still see a place for the art of long form content? If so, then let’s talk.
We are looking for a versatile writer, capable of switching from one writing style to another and managing numerous projects at once in a fast-paced environment. As the team’s primary writer, you will help develop all marketing and sales material. Most of this content will be product-specific, requiring a high level of understanding of the ins-and-outs of our patent-pending lifetime income solution (don’t worry, we’ll train you). Outside of assigned projects, you will also proactively search for opportunities to elevate our voice in the market. You’ll act as the team storyteller, creating and executing on campaign content strategies to bring our story to life across different marketing channels.What You’ll Do:
- Writes and edits a wide range of original marketing content, as assigned, to educate on and promote our patent-pending retirement income product. Projects would include anything the marketing team creates, including brochures and campaign collateral, as well as digital content and social posts.
- Develops content in a disciplined fashion, filtering all writing through a sales lens. Expert in bringing positioning and key benefits to life, ensuring copy is relevant and will resonate with each audience segment.
- Translates complex products and concepts into simplified and easily digested copy. Collaborates with the design team to communicate challenging concepts through a mix of copy and design.
- Juggles multiple projects simultaneously while working quickly and efficiently to deliver quality content in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proofs all material for grammar and product accuracy while upholding style standards for the company.
- Partner with marketing team members to create, maintain, and execute a campaign content strategy and editorial calendar.
- Proactively identify opportunities to insert our voice into the industry’s narrative and write timely creative content or commentary.
- Works closely with marketing and sales leadership to help produce original thought leadership content (e.g. eBooks, whitepapers, blog posts, social posts, infographics, landing pages, video scripts, emails, podcast, webinars) that drives leads, attracts audiences, encourages engagement, and supports campaign messaging and goals.
- Conduct daily market research, keeping a pulse on industry news and trends, and translate key findings into compelling stories and campaigns. Educate team members on findings.
- Experience writing copy for a creative agency or corporate marketing team; mastery of tone, positioning, language, and strategic development of marketing collateral.
- Financial services, investment or insurance product copywriting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience writing for both digital (email, advertising, web, lead gen) and traditional marketing channels (direct mail, brochures, postcards). We will request that you share your portfolio, demonstrating your experience writing for these different channels.
- Ability to translate stats and metrics into compelling stories.
- Strong research mindset and familiarity with market research, data analysis and how to effectively incorporate into projects.
- Proven ability to collaborate with marketing, design team, and product/subject matter experts to execute against creative strategy and direction.
- Must work well independently as well as possess strong collaboration and communication skills. Strong attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and presentation skills. Team oriented, with positive energy, enthusiasm.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, multifunctional, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient working with Excel, Acrobat, MSWord, Outlook, PowerPoint.
All applicants are required to take a PI Survey and are subject to a background check prior to hire. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health benefits and 401(k). Annexus Retirement Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.